This is a really easy recipe to tackle for a healthy weeknight dinner, or great to serve when you have guests. The creamy sauce is full of flavour and the Jade Lemon essential oil adds a wonderful burst of citrus to this dish. The sauce is also great served over veggies or chicken. For a heartier dish, serve with roasted or mashed potatoes or rice.
Jade Lemon adds a wonderfully bright flavour and invigorates the senses. The essential oil serves as a surprisingly delicious ingredient in baked treats, Jade Lemon can liven up any recipe that can benefit from a citrusy kick of character.
TIP: The cashews will need to be soaked at least 1 hour to overnight for this recipe, so you may need to plan ahead. You could make the sauce a day ahead and gently heat just before you are ready to serve the fish.
NOTE You can use any sturdy white fish like halibut, tilapia or cod or this recipe. An alternative option can also be using salmon or prawns. For a vegetarian option try baking sliced pieces of tofu in place of the fish or veggies such as sweet potato, potatoes, capsicum and zucchini.
½ cup soaked cashews (soak for at least 1 hour, rinse and drain)
1 – 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (to taste)
1 tsp honey (optional, to taste)
1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1 garlic clove, grated or pressed
2 drops Jade Lemon essential oil (to taste)
Parsley or coriander leaves to top
Steamed broccoli, asparagus and/or other veggies
Lemon wedges (optional)
1. To bake the fish: Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking dish or tray with baking paper (for easy clean up). Place the fish in the dish and generously sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Then place in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes until cooked through and flaky to the touch. Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish.
2. While the fish is baking make the sauce, prep the parsley leaves and lemon wedges for serving. Stream the broccoli or other veggies approx. 5 – 10 minutes before the fish is done so you can serve everything at the same time.
3. To make the sauce: Place all the sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. Taste and add more Jade Lemon essential oil and salt if desired. If the sauce is a little thick, add a little more milk and blend again.
4. A few minutes before serving gently heat the sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low heat while stirring often. When heated remove from heat, cover and set aside to keep warm until ready to serve.
5. To plate the fish: Place a piece of fish on each plate or place all 4 pieces on a platter and drizzle with a little sauce. Sprinkle with parsley leaves and serve with steamed veggies.
To safe on dish washing, you can also serve everything in the baking dish just drizzle sauce over the baked fish and place the veggies in with the fish.