I just love summer and those hot/warm days and how the days are longer. (You can do so much more with your day).
I love to get outdoors and smell the roses although my fifty roses’ bushes have gone from my garden to new homes for our latest garden reno. We have down sided.
Peter and I have embarked on a new adventure – Fishing paddle kayaks and I just love, love, love it.
Peter fishes and I look the part for fishing but I’m just relaxing upon the water. I’ve even got a fish cutting table for the kayak and I use it for reading books. LOL
I remember when my sister Kim would disappear for most off the weekend with her friend and they would spend the days down at the beach and she would come home red as a beetroot.
So, out comes the Suntan lotion. spending more time outdoors, it’s quite scary what’s out there in the market place these days, so many full of toxic chemicals. I saw a channel 9 news report of a toddler with burns to their face from the suncream mum had put onto their face. How scary for mum thinking she was doing the right thing for her child. So, look no further for a safer product.
The EWG reveals that the chemicals commonly used in sunscreen are oestrogenic and may interfere with thyroid and other hormone processes in the body.
In fact, the most common sunscreen chemical, Oxybenzone, was found in 96% of the population by a recent study by the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention. This is especially alarming since oxybenzone is considered an endocrine disruptor, can reduce sperm count in men and may contribute to endometriosis in women.
If your child goes to day care and they must put sunscreen on them when playing outstand, you don’t want to be put sunscreens with chemicals in them. Provide your own sunscreen.
1. Young Living’s Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
- Made with ingredients you can feel good about.
- Provides protection against UVA and UVB rays (Broad-spectrum).
- NO harsh chemical ingredients
- Naturally derived plant & mineral-based ingredients, incl non-nano zinc oxide—a physical UV blocker
- Non-greasy sunscreen offers broad-spectrum SPF 50 protection.
- Lightweight formula goes on smooth (like a lotion) and without white residue.
- Stays water and sweat resistant for 80 minutes.
- Hypoallergenic ingredients and essential oils—such Helichrysum, Carrot Seed, and Sacred Frankincense
- Reef safe
2. LavaDerm After Sun Spray – – Recovery from too much sun:
The first time I went out in the kayak I forgot to put on my sunscreen and came home slightly red but to my rescue came LavaDerm my savour. Just applied to my face and was cooling, soothing, and restoring.
This naturally derived after-sun spray offers a refreshing cooling sensation for your skin so your family can keep playing all day.
- Using menthol from mint, this spray soothes and cools the skin. Plus, its moisturising qualities.
- Ingredients such as aloe, Lavender essential oil, and Helichrysum essential oi
- leave skin feeling soft and smooth instead of tacky or sticky.
- Vegan friendly formula and made without alcohol, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic colourants,
- LavaDerm™ After Sun Spray is ready for the whole family to use after the beach, a hike or after any outdoor playtime.
- Only need a small amount.
- Can leave in the fridge for an added cooling effect.
3. Outdoor blend
Do you Love those summer night relaxing in the back yard with the kids running around enjoying themselves or your out camping/caravanning and enjoying the great outdoors.
Checkout the Outdoor blend
- this powerful formula is made without synthetic ingredients.
- Ninety-nine percent of the blend is made up of sesame oil and a combination of essential oils such as Citronella and Lemongrass, known for their use outdoors,
- while the remaining 1 percent is made of vitamin E.
- You can feel confident that you’re not exposing yourself or your family to harsh chemicals.
- In addition to a naturally derived formula, our Outdoor Blend offers a bright, citrusy aroma and applies smoothly to skin without leaving a sticky, greasy residue.
- Kids and adults alike will love knowing that their next adventure will be natural, comfortable and annoyance free.
DIY Citronella Floating Candle Bowl
- Glass bowl or container
- Decorations of your choice. You can use anything! (Lemon peels, orange peels, cinnamon sticks, lavender, rosemary, flower petals, river rocks, etc.)
- 20 drops Citronella essential oil
- 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- Water to top off glass bowl or container
- 1 unscented floating candle
1. Gather decorations and arrange in bowl. We recommend cutting them into two-inch pieces, so they don’t bunch at the top of the bowl or cause it to overturn.
2. Add witch hazel, citronella, and Lemongrass essential oil to the bowl.
3. Fill in the remaining bowl space with water.
4. After placing your bowl outside, top it off with the floating candle and light it to create a cosy, aromatic ambiance you and your guests can enjoy throughout the evening.